Mike leads the firm’s regulatory, compliance, and virtual general counsel services from the Cedar Falls office. He provides counsel, consultation, complex transactional and litigation defense services to collection agencies, law firms, debt buyers, creditors, private equity, and various other businesses focused on the credit and collections industry.
Mike has vast experience in the Account Receivables Management (ARM) industry, having held various leadership and executive management roles. His unique experience and understanding of operational and technical aspects of the ARM businesses allows him to provide consultative services that are not available at most law firms.
Mike has represented companies through examinations and audits conducted by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, and various other state regulatory agencies. He has also represented the industry and clients in lobbying efforts or on panels before the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission, and on Capitol Hill.
Courts of Admittance
- Iowa Northern U.S. District Court
- Iowa Southern U.S. District Court
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- ACA International, Inc. – Board of Directors
- Iowa Collectors Association – Board of Directors
- Receivables Management Association International
- Telecommunication Risk Management Association
- Drake University Law School (J.D., 2004)
- University of Northern Iowa (B.A., 2001)